Time Inc., a division of Time Warner, is one of the largest branded media companies in the world. The company engages more than 138 million U.S. consumers in print, online and via mobile devices each month. With influential brands such as TIME, PEOPLE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, and REAL SIMPLE, Time Inc. has owned some of the biggest news stories of the decade and is home to celebrated franchises such as the FORTUNE 500, TIME 100, PEOPLE's Most Beautiful and the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit Issue.
- Laura Lang
Chief Executive Officer
- 25 U.S. Web sites
- 93 titles worldwide
- 48 Web sites worldwide
- Time Inc. titles held 20% share of overall domestic magazine advertising spending as of December 2009.
- IPC magazines reach over 28 million U.K adults - 70% of U.K. women and 50% of U.K. men.
- 100 Time Inc. magazines are sold every minute in the U.S.
- More than one out of two adults read a Time Inc. magazine each month in the U.S.
- Nearly one out of every five who are online visit a Time Inc. Web site in the U.S.
- Time Inc.'s U.S. sites attract more than 50 million unique visitors each month - more than double the audience of the next largest publisher. (comScore Media Metrix)
- On average, our sites also receive 1.5 billion page views each month. (comScore Media Metrix)
- Time Inc. is one of the top 20 largest online media properties in monthly unique visitors, page views and time spent per user.
(comScore Media Metrix)
- MIN revealed winners of the 10th annual Best of the Web Awards. Out of over 400 submissions, Time Inc. received 8 awards across seven different categories.
- Several Time Inc. brands were honored by the Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW) 18th Annual Best in Business Awards. This competition recognizes excellence in business and financial journalism across all news platforms. Fortune received four awards and Money and CNNMoney.com each received one award.
- Time Inc. received three wins at the 2013 FAME Awards, which honor excellence in magazine media events. Winners included American Express Publishing for the 2012 Food & Wine Classic for Best Epicurean Event, Sunset's third annual Savor the Central Coast for Best Regional Magazine Event and Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Launch Week 2012 for Best Special Event.
- World Press Photo revealed the winners of the 2013 World Press Photo Contest, one of the premiere photojournalism contests in the world, and TIME received two awards. Dominic Nahr of Switzerland received "3rd Prize Singles" and Alessio Romenzi received "1st Prize Stories" for TIME in the General News category.
- Sports Illustrated's July 30 issue, featuring the "We Were Penn State" cover and TIME's December 30 "Person of the Year" cover were both named to Advertising Age's list of the Best Magazine Covers of 2012.
In 1922, Henry Luce and Briton Hadden, longtime friends and Yale classmates, resigned their jobs at the Baltimore News and moved to New York to begin work on the prospectus for TIME magazine. Seventy stockholders invested $85,675 to launch TIME, and the company became incorporated on November 28, 1922.