- The “ordinary people” featured in PEOPLE’s Half Their Size double issue lost the excess weight in many different ways, but without the use of surgery or fad diets/gimmicks.
- In 2014, PEOPLE’s Half Their Size cover subjects lost an astounding 3,086 lbs. combined.
- In 2013, PEOPLE’s Half Their Size cover subjects lost an astounding 947 lbs. combined.
- In 2012, PEOPLE’s Half Their Size cover subjects lost an astounding 1020 lbs. combined.
- Two ABC primetime specials have been dedicated to PEOPLE’s “Half Their Size” franchise: “PEOPLE & 20/20 Present ‘Half Their Size’ – Losing Weight & Keeping It Off in the New Year” (2013) and “Half Their Size: the PEOPLE Weight-Loss Challenge” (2008).
PEOPLE’s Half Their Size
PEOPLE’s Half Their Size made its debut in 2002 and quickly became a reader favorite. Ordinary people featured in this special double-issue continue to inspire our audience with their weight-loss and body transformations without the use of surgery or gimmicks.
REAL PEOPLE, REAL DIETS, REAL SUCCESS: HOW THEY KEEP THE POUNDS OFF
PEOPLE’s special Half Their Size double issue features inspirational weight-loss and body transformation stories of ordinary Americans who have struggled with – and succeeded at – losing tremendous amounts of weight without the help of surgery or celebrity trainers.
PEOPLE’s Half Their Size issue first debuted in 2002 and is one of the brand’s most popular franchises