Southern Living Redesigns Website; Introduces 'The Daily South'
August 13, 2012
(NEW YORK) – Southern culture is hot. Whether it's award-winning chefs or emerging musicians, decorators and trendsetters, the nation can't seem to get enough of the South. Now, Southern Living
launches "The Daily South," the go-to destination for Southern culture, food, home, travel and style. Featuring a fresh color palette, updated font, crisp images, and updated social sharing capabilities, the updated SouthernLiving.com
is the ultimate online destination for the best of the South.
The Daily South
will feature behind-the-scenes footage and recipes from the Southern Living
Test Kitchens, travel secrets from the editors, food trends and cuisine from Southern chefs and inspiration and attainable tips for the home and garden.
To kick off the newly designed Web site, Southern Living
rounded up the South's hottest tastemakers to share their must-have kitchen gadgets, wardrobe staples, favorite vintage cookbooks and more. Highlights of this week's content include:
- 10 of the South's top chefs including Frank Stitt, Donald Link and Michelle Bernstein reveal their must-have kitchen gadgets;
- 10 Southern swimming holes frequented by the hit country band, Little Big Town;
- CFDA Designer of the Year Billy Reid shares his wardrobe staples;
- 10 Southern cocktails to try now served up by Chris McMillan, the dean of New Orleans bartenders;
- Chef Sean Brock of Charleston's Husk restaurant discloses his 10 favorite vintage cookbooks;
- Decorator Tobi Fairley names the 10 must-haves for every Southern home.
celebrates the essence of life in the South, covering the best in Southern food, home, garden, and travel. Reaching more than 16 million consumers each month, Southern Living
connects consumers with the region's rich culture through a variety of print, digital, mobile, tablet and event platforms. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, the rapidly expanding Southern Living
brand is part of Time Inc., one of the largest content companies in the world and the largest publisher in the United States. Time Inc. is a Time Warner company.
# # #Contacts:
Megan Levinson, 212.522.3773 email@example.com
Jennifer Zawadzinski, firstname.lastname@example.org